Have you ever seen photos with text that stand out and look amazing? Well this week on the blog, we’re here to give you some tips when adding your own text to a photo!
- Add Contrast- Text has to be readable to be successful. Make sure that the text varies in color with the background so it can be seen. Also contrast can be meant for text size as well. Keep your text a certain size depending on what is in the photo.
- Blur Your Image- One of the simplest things to make your text stand out, is blurring your image. This can also create focus for the overall concept of your photo.
- Put Text in a Box- When a photo has lots of differences with color or changes in light, putting a text in a frame can make it stand out. Make sure to choose a color that provides enough contrast for the lettering to show.
- Add Text to the Background- Instead of adding text to the foreground where everything is going on, add text in the background.
- GO BIG- When you’re not sure what to do with text for an image, try making it big. The size of the text will easily grab someone’s attention.
- Go simple- When working with images, use simple typography and a straightforward image for the best effect. People will know the exact message you’re trying to convey.
With Photofy, we have a lot of fonts you can choose from to help personalize your photos. Follow these tips above and you should have great looking photos!