Have you ever seen photos with text that stand out and look amazing? Well this week on the blog, we’re here to give you some tips when adding your own text to a photo!
- Add Contrast- Text has to be readable to be successful. Make sure that the text varies in color with the background so it can be seen. Also contrast can be meant for text size as well. Keep your text a certain size depending on what is in the photo.
- Blur Your Image- One of the simplest things to make your text stand out, is blurring your image. This can also create focus for the overall concept of your photo.
- Put Text in a Box- When a photo has lots of differences with color or changes in light, putting a text in a frame can make it stand out. Make sure to choose a color that provides enough contrast for the lettering to show.
- Add Text to the Background- Instead of adding text to the foreground where everything is going on, add text in the background.
- GO BIG- When you’re not sure what to do with text for an image, try making it big. The size of the text will easily grab someone’s attention.
- Go simple- When working with images, use simple typography and a straightforward image for the best effect. People will know the exact message you’re trying to convey.
With Photofy, we have a lot of fonts you can choose from to help personalize your photos. Follow these tips above and you should have great looking photos!
Our second business in the spotlight this month is Cornerstone Properties. With this business, we’ll be able to focus on the real estate industry. The real estate business has recently gotten new guidelines on ads they post. They are now required to include their firm’s name and contact info on all of the ads. It is no longer enough to put the name of the firm in the comments or description of the image. With this new change, Photofy Pro was able to help Cornerstone Properties have their logo on every image and brand the business on Social Networks.
Cornerstone Properties is a family owned and operated Real Estate Firm with over 30 years of experience; specializing in homes located “inside the beltline” in Raleigh, NC. Their real estate firm is a father-son duo that have had already $182 million dollars in sales.
When first setting out to starting their Social Media, they thought it was important to have some branded images to make their logo and branding more well known. They’re a small real estate firm, so they didn’t have a huge marketing budget. Since most of their business is word of mouth referrals they didn’t have to spend much on marketing. But with more millennials hitting the market place, it was imperative for them to reach new potential clients and make their brand better known to the average person living, buying, or selling in Raleigh.
With the new Real Estate branding guidelines and trying to reach millennials on a limited marketing budget, Cornerstone Properties signed up for Photofy Pro. Ever since they signed up for Pro, Photofy has become a necessity for their business. Pro has helped each advertisement have their firm’s name to make sure the guidelines are being followed while having a professional look. Pro has also saved them time in creating their ads for Social Media. All in all, they’re using Photofy Pro to help with brand awareness and to help maintain a professional looking presence on social media.
Winter time is here and that means pictures of snow and good times in the cold. We’re here this week to give you some tips on how to take photos in the winter with your cell phone.
- Show how cold it is- good photos always give the viewer the feeling experience you went through.
- Capture long shadows- in the winter, the sun usually stays low throughout the day giving the opportunity to show the long shadows and give a dynamic look to your photos.
- Give scale to mountain photos- sometimes we underestimate the size of mountains in photos so be sure to include an object or person to create that perspective.
- Use reflective surfaces-some surfaces like ice, reflect most of the light that reaches its surface to get a great photo. Try using frozen rivers or places covered in snow to get a good shot.
- Get closer to the ground- getting closer to the ground shows a different perspective and show the texture if there is ice or snow.
- Go black and white- since most days in winter are gray and cloudy, try changing your photos to black and white to make the scenery of winter stand out.
We hope these tips help you in taking photos during this winter season. Tag your photos with #photofy so we can see what images you capture!
Tips from http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-winter-photography-tips/
This week on the blog we’re starting a new series highlighting business’ using Photofy Pro to help brand themselves and create brand awareness. Today we’re focusing on the pizza/restaurant industry. Having Pro would allow you to brand your restaurant but also showcase your specials and weekly deals with designs catered towards the restaurant’s industry, as you can see from the examples above.
One business that has done a superb job using Photofy Pro in the pizzeria industry is Piola, located in Raleigh. Piola was founded in 1986 in the very heart of Italy by two brothers who reinvented the most quintessential Italian establishment, the Pizzeria, serving authentic yet simple Italian food in a dynamic and contemporary ambiance. Piola, meaning “Meeting Place” in the ancient Italian language, has become a widespread reality as their pizzas are now being enjoyed in many cities around the world.
Cameron Barber-Jones is Piola’s General Manager and is also in charge of the restaurant’s Marketing/Social Media. He does a great job posting to each of their Social Networks using Photofy Pro to create brand recognition for Piola. Photofy Pro helps keep his brand messaging consistent across all Social Networks while also streamlining the process to make it less time consuming. One of his favorite features of Pro was being able to have their logo on every image with daily specials they have at the restaurant. With their logo, he also incorporates designs from our pizzeria industry package. An industry package consists of designs catered towards a specific industry. Therefore with the pizzeria package, he can use their logo and designs together to create a professional branded image.
To find out how you can launch your business on Social Networks, check out http://photofy.com/pro/small-business or if you have a larger business, http://photofy.com/pro/enterprise.
It’s that time of year when we send out a mass amount of Christmas Cards to friends and family to wish everyone a Happy Holiday. But sometimes, sending out Christmas Cards can be very stressful. Here are some helpful tips when you’re sending them out this year:
- Send your cards out as early as possible. The more you wait, the more you take a risk of the cards getting there before Christmas.
- Send “Seasons Greetings” when in doubt. If you are not sure if someone celebrates Christmas, go with a more generic saying like “Happy Holidays.”
- Make sure to include your return address so people know exactly who it’s from and can easily send you one in return.
- Include a handwritten note on the back. Make it a little more personal by writing something small on the back of the photo. People will appreciate you taking the time to write them something special.
- If you’re sending a card to a coworker, send it to the office unless you interact with them socially outside of work.
If you follow these tips, we think your Christmas Cards will be a hit this year!
Photofy templates have officially arrived! You might have noticed a new tab on our home screen labeled “templates.”
Templates are premade by our design team and other designers featured in the app. To create your own, simply drop your photos into our templates and add your own custom text. It’s never been easier to create professional-looking photos so fast.
Templates have also come just in time for the holidays. If you don’t have time to go make your Christmas cards or the money to buy them, use our app to simply email them out to family.
If you need help on how to get started using templates, check out our YouTube channel for tutorial videos!
Getting prepared for Thanksgiving is not an easy task. There are many steps that go into getting everything perfect for the holiday.
Here are some tips to make sure you are ready:
- Stock up on extra decorations when the Holiday items are put out. Even fresh ones like pumpkins, since they’ll last a few weeks after Halloween.
- Check your pantry! Make sure you are fully stocked and ready to go when it’s time to make the Thanksgiving meal.
- Make sure your house is clean. Give a look to all of your surfaces to make sure you don’t have any pesky dust laying around.
- Set all of your hair/doctor appointments early, so you can really focus on getting everything for Thanksgiving ready.
- Go ahead and wash all of your extra linens to make sure you have plenty for when relatives arrive.
- Last but not least, make sure you have Photofy downloaded to capture all of your holiday memories!
Hopefully these tips will catch you just in time before the holiday. We still cannot believe Thanksgiving is only 10 days away so get started now!